ChannelEngine: use Dropbox to manage product images
About this article
This article describes the process to make your product images accessible via Dropbox, so they are available on ChannelEngine and your selected marketplaces.
How to publish product images via Dropbox
To publish your product images via Dropbox, follow the steps described below:
- Log into your Dropbox account, create a dedicated folder, and upload all required images to it.
- Open the folder and click Share, Share with Dropbox.
- In the Share this folder dialog box, within the Anyone with the link field, click can view.
- Open the folder and, for every image that you want to upload to ChannelEngine, click Share. Then click Copy link.
- Paste the image URLs to a spreadsheet. To obtain the static absolute URL with JPG or PNG, you must change the Dropbox image URL suffix from dl=0 to raw=1. Note that dl and raw should not be written in capital letters. If you have a large number of images to publish, copy and paste all image URLs to a spreadsheet and use the find-and-replace feature to change dl=0 to raw=1.
Original file name
Edited file name for use on ChannelEngine
- Make sure the image URLs generate a direct link that does not prompt you to log into Dropbox. You can do that by opening the link in an incognito window of your browser. If you use Google Chrome, click the three-dot menu at the top-right corner of the browser and click New incognito window.