Carrefour.fr: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the French operation of the Boulogne-Billancourt-based marketplace Carrefour.fr. Here you can find information on how to request a Carrefour.fr account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founders||Denis Defforey, Marcel Fournier, Jacques Defforey, Gustave Badin|
|Area served (orders)||France|
|Revenue||circa USD 762.8 million (2020)|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 12 million (2021)|
|Commission||7-20%, depending on the category|
|Payment||thrice/month (on the 6th, 16th, and 26th)|
|Product categories||electronics, domestic appliances, toys, clothing, and more|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Carrefour.fr|
To start selling on Carrefour.fr, go to the Marketplace Carrefour page, select Form, and submit the required details.
Carrefour.fr does not charge a setup or monthly fee, but it does charge a commission of 7-20% depending on the product category.
|Product offers (EAN matching)||Returns (channel)|
|Product content (HTML formatting not supported)||Repricing|
|Shipments (including carrier mapping)|
|Product variations (sizes/colors)|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Carrefour.fr is a Mirakl-based channel, so you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
As Carrefour.fr does not support repricing, you can leave the Mirakl seller name field empty.
Categorization is mandatory if you want to create or update existing product information on Carrefour.fr. Both categorizations and mappings only result in updates if the content connection is enabled, and the relevant credentials have been entered (see the Setup section).
Product descriptions must be in French on Carrefour.fr, and the categorization and mappings are in French too – though the name of some attributes is in English.
All products (required)
- Article description - the product's long description, with a minimum of 90 characters.
- EAN 13 - the product's 13-digit EAN or GTIN.
- Main image - the product's main image, with a maximum size of 500 kB.
- Shop SKU (Seller's reference) - your internal product reference, usually the Merchant product number or SKU.
- Product name - the product's title. The maximum number of characters is 85.
All products (optional)
- Brand - the product's brand.
- Image 2-6 - the product's additional images. The maximum size is 500 kB.
All products (required)
- Price - your desired sale price.
All products (optional)
Common for Mirakl mappings are:
- Leadtime to shipment - the number of days before you ship the product. Currently there are two possibilities available: 3-5 days or 15 days max.
- Logistic class - this can be used for setting different shipping classes, which can be created in the Carrefour.fr Mirakl back-end. It is particularly useful if you sell products in several weight classes, and shipping costs vary across these classes. In ChannelEngine, enter the code corresponding to the logistics class that you wish to apply to the product. The following codes are available:
Produits très légers (Very light products)
Produits standards spéciaux (Special standard products)
Produits moyens (Average products)
Produits lourds et longs (Heavy and long products)
Produits très lourds et très longs (Very heavy and very long products)
Produits hors gabarit (Oversize products)
- Offer state - the product's condition.
- Minimum quantity alert - so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold.
Depending on the kind of product you sell, the following attributes related to French environmental taxes may also be required:
- Eco-meubele - a French tax related to the recycling of furniture products. If you do not sell furniture in France, set the value to zero.
- Eco-participation - a French tax related to the recycling of light bulbs and household electrical appliances. If you do not sell those products in France, set the value to zero.
Working with discounts
- Do not leave the Discount end date attribute unmapped. If you want to set a permanent discount, use a date in the far future instead. Otherwise the offer is not exported, and errors are shown under the Validation and feedback tab.
- If your discounted price is not lower than the base price, it is not exported.
- The Discount quantity threshold must be set to a value higher than 1, otherwise it is not exported.
Carrier mapping is not required on Carrefour.fr. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by Carrefour.fr. This allows for working tracking codes in the back-end, as well as for the buyer. If your default carrier is missing, please contact Carrefour.fr.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Carrefour.fr (especially if you are trying to create products that do not exist yet), check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on Carrefour.fr) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. Also, as Carrefour.fr uses the Mirakl marketplace framework, you can see detailed status reports in their back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
The reports can be found under My inventory, Import from file, Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.
Can I create variants on Carrefour.fr?
Creating variants on Carrefour.fr is possible, however, it works differently than on other marketplaces. To create product families, Carrefour.fr uses the attribute Variant, which must be the EAN of the first child of the product family. To use this feature, the attribute Variant must be mapped to the ChannelEngine attribute Parent SKU. ChannelEngine uses the product's parent to export the EAN of the first child of the family.