Home24: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Berlin-based marketplace Home24. Here you can find information on how to request a Home24 account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founder||Felix Jahn, Philipp Kreibohm|
|Area served (orders)||Germany|
|Revenue||USD 200 million - 1 billion|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 4.2 million|
|Commission||15% on the sale price, incl. VAT and shipping costs|
|Other costs||EUR 39.00/month|
|Payment||1st, 11th, and 21st of each month|
|Product categories||Home and living, DIY, gardening, household appliances|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Home24|
To start selling on Home24, you can:
- go to their seller portal and fill out the contact form
- contact one of Home24's business developers
If you meet the requirements, Home24 sends you a shop invite link. If you are not sure you meet the Home24 requirements, do the survey.
Selling on Home24 comes with the following costs:
- Monthly fee - Home24 charges a monthly fee of EUR 39.00. The first three months are free of charge.
- Commission - Home24 charges a commission of 15% on total sales, including shipping and VAT.
|Product content||External fulfillment|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Home24 is a closed, Mirakl-based channel. Once your seller account is active, you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
You can leave the Mirakl seller name field empty, as Home24 does not support repricing.
Note that unlike most Mirakl-based channels, you need a different account for each sales channel on Home24. Currently, the only sales channel available is Germany.
Categorization is mandatory if you want to create or update existing product information on Home24. Both categorizations and mappings only result in updates if the content connection is enabled, and the relevant credentials have been entered (see the Setup section).
Although product descriptions must be in German on Home24, the categorization and mappings are in English.
Basic mapping and variations are possible, like on any other Mirakl-based channel.
All products (required)
- Brand - the brand or manufacturer of the product.
- Delivery scope - type and quantity of items.
- Depth/Length (cm) - the depth of the product, in centimeters.
- EAN-13 - the 13-digit EAN of the product.
- Height (cm) - the height of the product, in centimeters.
- Main color - the main color of the product.
- Main image (first) - the main image for your product.
- Main material - the main material in the product.
- Product ID - the unique number of the item in the seller's system.
- Product name (in German) - the name of the product, in German.
- Shipping condition - indicate how the product is shipped. The options are: Assembled, Disassembled, No assembly required, Partly assembled, Rolled.
- Weight (kg) - the weight of the product, in kilograms.
- Width (cm) - the width of the product, in centimeters.
All products (optional)
- Miscellaneous (1-10) - the additional images of the product.
- Mood images - additional images that transfer the state of mind or emotions, and can help to increase sales and brand recognition. E.g.: a mood image can contain the product itself in the context of a photo.
- Product description - it is recommended to add the main description of the product.
- YouTube ID - add a link to your company's video on YouTube.
- Variant name - the name of the product variant, in German
Attributes such as Leadtime to shipment (the number of days before you ship the item), Logistic class (your optional shipping class), Offer state (the condition of your item), and Minimum quantity alert (so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold) are common for Mirakl mappings.
Carrier mapping is not required on Home24. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by Home24. This allows for working track-and-trace links in the back-end, as well as for the buyer. If your default carrier is missing, please contact Home24.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Home24 (especially if you are trying to create products that do not exist yet), check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on Home24 or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. Also, as Home24 uses the Mirakl marketplace framework, you can see detailed status reports in their back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
The reports can be found under My inventory, Import from file, Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.