Leroy Merlin: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Lille-based marketplace Leroy Merlin. Here you can find information on how to request a Leroy Merlin account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founder||Adolphe Leroy, Rose Merlin|
|Area served (orders)||France, Italy, Spain|
|Revenue||USD 756.4 million (France)|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 30 million (leroymerlin.fr)|
|Commission||depends on the category|
|Other costs||EUR 39.00/month (excl. VAT)|
|Payment||thrice a month|
|Product categories||DIY, gardening, furniture/interior design, household appliances, and more|
|Input language||French, Italian, Spanish|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Leroy Merlin|
To start selling on Leroy Merlin, fill out their marketplace seller application form.
Leroy Merlin does not charge a setup fee, but it does charge a monthly fee of EUR 39.00 (excl. VAT), as well as a commission fee that varies per category.
|Product content (limited HTML support)||External fulfillment|
|Product offers (EAN matching)||Repricing|
|Returns (merchant)||Returns (channel)|
|Shipments (including carrier mapping)||Automatic relationships|
|Product variations (size/color)|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Leroy Merlin is a Mirakl-based channel, so you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
As Leroy Merlin does not support repricing, you can leave the Mirakl seller name field empty.
Leroy Merlin uses the following sales channels, which need to be activated by your account manager at Leroy Merlin before they are visible on ChannelEngine:
- 001 LM FR/BELGIQUE/CORSE - Leroy Merlin France
- 002 LM ES - Leroy Merlin Spain
- 005 LM IT - Leroy Merlin Italy
- 014 BM FR - Bricoman France
For more information on sales channels, check out the article Mirakl-based channels: setting up sales channels.
Categorization is mandatory if you want to create or update existing product information on Leroy Merlin. Both categorizations and mappings only result in updates if the content connection is enabled, and the relevant credentials have been entered (see the Setup section).
All categories are listed on Leroy Merlin in French, and they may differ from the categories shown in the Leroy Merlin front-end. Make sure to map as many attributes as possible so your products are displayed prominently.
Products must be validated by an operator before they can be linked to an offer. If not, the offer displays the error "The product doesn't exist".
All products (required)
- EAN - the product's 13-digit EAN or GTIN.
- Identifiant produit - the product's 13-digit EAN or GTIN.
- Marque - the product's brand. If your brand is not listed, make sure to contact Leroy Merlin so they can add it. In the meantime, use Autre (Other).
- Titre du produit [language] - the product's title. Leroy Merlin recommends you to add the product brand and product characteristics (i.e.: color, size, and material) to the product title. The maximum number of characters is 120. Note that you must fill out the title, description, and image according to the language chosen. E.g.: A French title cannot be chosen without Image 1 FR and Description longue FR.
- VAT - shipment-origin (to be filled in with the 2 letter ISO code of the country where the goods are stored). This attribute is mandatory (even if it's not set as mandatory in Mirakl).
TVA BMFR/LMFR/LMIT (VAT) - the product's VAT. Note that there is a dedicated VAT attribute per sales channel. The percentages associated with each value vary per sales channel.
All products (optional)
- Code à usage interne - the product's SKU or Merchant product number.
- Code parent - the product parent's SKU or Merchant product number.
- Couleur principale - the product's main color.
- Déclaration de performance FR B2B - the product's declaration of performance (DoP), which describes the characteristics of construction products.
- Description longue [language] - the product's long description, in the language indicated by the attribute. The maximum number of characters is 5,000 and simple HTML tags are supported (e.g.: br and p).
- Étiquette COV (VOC label) - the product's volatile organic compound (VOC) label, which indicates the level of VOC emissions. The scale ranges from A+ (very low emissions) to C (high emissions).
- Étiquette ERP énergétique [language] - the product's energy efficiency label.
- Fiche technique FR B2B - the URL of the product's technical data sheet.
- Image 1-5 [language] - the product's image URLs. The minimum resolution supported is 500x500 px and the maximum file size is 10 MB. If possible, the images should have no text.
- Matière principale du produit - the product's main material.
- Notice en PDF [language] - the URL of the product's user manual, in the language indicated by the attribute.
- Photo d'emballage avec pictos de sécurité [language] - the product's packaging photo, with safety pictograms.
- Produit existant LM - ne pas utiliser - used by Leroy Merlin to indicate if the product already exists in their database. Not to be mapped.
All products (required)
- Price - the product's price.
- Leadtime to shipment - the number of days before you ship the product. Enter a value between 1 and 45.
- Logistic class - although this attribute is marked as optional by Mirakl, it is actually obligatory for Leroy Merlin – and must be mapped according to the settings in the Leroy Merlin back-end under My account, Settings, Shipping. The default value is S, which must be mapped with the value INIT. The list of labels and corresponding codes is below:
All products (optional)
- Pays de stockage (Country of storage) - although this attribute is marked as optional by Mirakl, it is actually obligatory for Leroy Merlin. Map it with the two-letter ISO code of the country where your products are stored.
Attributes such as Offer state (the condition of your item) and Minimum quantity alert (so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold) are common for Mirakl mappings.
Working with discounts
- Do not leave the Discount end date attribute unmapped. If you want to set a permanent discount, use a date in the far future instead. Otherwise the offer is not exported, and errors are shown under the Validation and feedback tab.
- If your discounted price is not lower than the base price, it is not exported.
- If you do not want to set a bulk discount, leave the Discount quantity threshold attribute unmapped – otherwise the export is broken.
- If you do want to set a bulk discount, the Discount quantity threshold must be set to a value higher than 1. E.g.: a value of 2 indicates that two or more of the product must be purchased at the same time for the buyer to benefit from the discount.
Carrier mapping is not required on Leroy Merlin. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by Leroy Merlin. This allows for working tracking links in the back-end, as well as for the buyer – which are required by Leroy Merlin. If your default carrier is missing, please contact Leroy Merlin.
Leroy Merlin requires the prices to be submitted in EUR. If you do not have pricing attributes in EUR, you need to set a currency conversion.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Leroy Merlin (especially if you are trying to create products that do not exist yet), check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on Leroy Merlin) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. Also, as Leroy Merlin uses the Mirakl marketplace framework, you can see detailed status reports in their back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
The reports can be found under My inventory > Import from file > Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.
I cannot find Leroy Merlin when selecting the marketplace during the SSO setup. What should I choose?
Within Mirakl, Leroy Merlin is identified as Marketplace Adeo – its parent company. Therefore, select Marketplace Adeo when prompted.
I see duplicate attributes, but ChannelEngine does not map them automatically. What should I do?
Although those attributes look like duplicates, they have different IDs. That is why ChannelEngine cannot map them automatically, which means you need to map them twice.
My products are exported successfully, but they are not created on Leroy Merlin. What is happening?
The three most common reasons for products that fail to be created on Leroy Merlin are:
- You have set up a mapping configuration in the Leroy Merlin back-end, which prevents the automatic content creation done by ChannelEngine.
- The Product tag for XML file imports, found in the Leroy Merlin back-end under My account, Settings, Imports, must be set to Product.
- The use of special characters in attributes such as Description longue can also make the import fail. If you use tabs (|) as separators, for instance, make sure to do so consistently. Spaces cannot be used as separators.
How can I delete my products on Leroy Merlin?
Although it is possible to delete offers, it is not possible to delete products on Leroy Merlin.