eBay: common errors
About this article
This article describes some of eBay's most common errors, how to solve them, and where to find more information on them.
Note that for non-English eBay sites, the errors can be fully or partially in a different language.
Table of contents
Error 25019 Cannot revise listing
The article can neither be set nor edited. The item name and/or description may contain impermissible terms or the offer violates eBay principles.
This error can mean two things:
1. You have hit the limit of products eBay allows you to sell currently.
2. There is a mismatch between the shipping policy (aka fulfillment policy) and the return policy, or these policies do not match the laws in the specific country. E.g.: if you have set the shipping policy to ship to Germany and France, but only allow returns from Germany; or if you have a return policy with a 14-day window, while the local law requires it to be 30 days.
For more information, check out the article eBay: managing eBay business policies.
Below you can find the same error in German and in French:
- Der Artikel kann weder eingestellt noch bearbeitet werden. Die Artikelbezeichnung und/oder -beschreibung enthalten unter Umständen unzulässige Begriffe oder das Angebot verstößt gegen die eBay-Grundsätze.
- L'objet ne peut pas être mis en vente ou modifié. Il est possible que le titre ou la description contienne des mots inappropriés ou que le vendeur enfreigne le règlement d'eBay.
The handling time value is invalid
There is an issue with the return policy. The number of days does not match the local laws.
Below you can find the same error in French and in Italian. Note that sometimes the first error in French is shown, and sometimes it is the second.
- Spécifiez des conditions de retour valides.
- Vous devez spécifier le délai d'expédition.
- Specifica un valore valido per Regole sulla restituzione.
Error 25023 Invalid compatibility information
Invalid compatibility information. Cannot list with both product listing details and item compatibilities. Either provide product listing details or manually specify item compatibilities.
Invalid listing option(s) removed. This product belongs to a different category, so the category has been changed.
Item specific(s) from the product were used instead of these custom item specific(s): Manufacturer Part Number, Brand, MPN.
There is an issue related to products with K-types, namely that 'product adoption' was used. That means that the product was matched using the manufacturer part number (MPN) to a product from another eBay seller, and the data from that seller has been used – overriding your own category and K-types values. To turn this off, set the Use production adoption to 'No'.
Note that you need to remove the products from your product selection, which in turn removes them from eBay, to make it work.
Error Invalid value for ProductIdentifier
The length should be between 1 and 65 characters.
This error is also related to K-types. It is likely that the value provided contains an error, such as a number longer that exceeds the maximum length.