About this article
This article describes the invoices overview within ChannelEngine.
Table of contents
ChannelEngine invoices using a transaction-based methodology, starting on the first day after month-end. All transactions that have not been invoiced since the last invoicing period are included in the coming invoice. While the vast majority should be related to the previous month's transactions, invoices can include transactions from multiple months.
This new approach is valid as of the January 2022 month-end. ChannelEngine forgoes any missed transactions from 2021 that were not invoiced, given that this period was still under the old method.
To see an overview of all your ChannelEngine invoices, as well as the multiple orders related to those invoices:
- On ChannelEngine, click Finance and click Invoices. By default, all invoices are listed – from the newest to the oldest. The number of invoices displayed per page can be customized, and you can browse your invoices by selecting Next or choosing a specific page.
- To see more details of a particular invoice, select the 'eye' icon under the Actions column. As well as the Invoice ID, Invoice date, Month, Period, and Total invoiced amount, you can see all orders linked to the selected invoice.
- Select the 'eye' icon related to one of the orders, a new tab opens showing you that order's details.
- Under the overview, you can also search for a specific invoice using the Invoice ID.
I checked my invoice, and the total revenue is different from what I see in the ChannelEngine statistics for the same month. What is wrong?
ChannelEngine's invoices and statistics are calculated in a different way:
- Invoicing - invoicing is calculated per channel. For all orders with a closing date (i.e.: ClosedDate, not OrderDate or CreatedAt) in the invoice period, the sum of the order total is calculated in the following way (excl. VAT):
sum of Order.OrderTotalInclVat - Order.TotalVat
That total is then converted from the account currency (i.e.: Tenant.CurrencyCode) to EUR. This is the amount shown on the invoice.
- Statistics - statistics are calculated per selected period, for all orders with an order date (i.e.: OrderDate, not ClosedDate or CreatedAt) in the selected period, excluding orders with status Canceled, the sum of the order line totals is calculated in the following manner (incl. VAT):
sum of OrderLine.LineTotalInclVat
That is the amount shown under Total revenue in the statistics.