ChannelEngine: product images
About this document
This document describes some of the basic requirements regarding product images.
Images, just like product feeds, must be sourced from online resources that are publicly available. This allows different channels to display your product images without having to store them, when you create or update product content.
Valid URL-based images are displayed as in the example above. The image shown can be found in this URL.
Requirements and recommendations
- Product images must be publicly reachable. Therefore, only HTTP and HTTPS URLs, without username, password, and authentication requirements are allowed.
- In general, the more content a product has the higher are its chances to convert. Make sure to provide as many quality images as possible. Different channels allow for different numbers of images per product.
- Most channels require a minimum resolution of 500x500 px for product images. Smaller images are rejected for content purposes.
- Most channels require a maximum resolution of 5,000x5,000 px for product images. Larger images are rejected for content purposes.
- Most channels require product images in a specific file format, such as JPEG or PNG. If your product images are all in PNG and the channel you are working with only accepts JPEGs, you need to convert your images first.
- Most channels require a white background for main product images. Additional product images may contain different backgrounds, other items, different angles, etc. to better showcase the product.
- Most channels have unique requirements regarding product images. These requirements are listed under the Mappings section of each channel's marketplace guide.