Smart Shopping Campaigns
With Smart Shopping campaigns, your existing product feed and assets are combined with Google' machine learning to show a variety of ads across networks.
If you link to a Merchant Center account, set a budget, upload assets, and set the country of sale, Google's systems will get the product data from ChannelEngine and test different combinations of the image and text, then show the most relevant ads across Google networks, including the Google Search Network, the Google Display Network, YouTube, and Gmail.
To help you get the best value from each ad, Google also automates ad placement and bidding for maximum conversion value at your given budget.
To take part in our pilot, there are currently some requirements:
- A working Google Shopping integration in ChannelEngine
- A Merchant Center account that uses the product feed generated by ChannelEngine
- An Ads account that is linked to your Merchant Center account.
To manage your smart shopping campaigns directly from ChannelEngine, you will have to authorize ChannelEngine to access your Merchant Center and Ads accounts. This process does not affect any existing Merchant Center settings or Ads Campaigns.
To authorize ChannelEngine:
- On ChannelEngine, go the Google Shopping Channel, and on the Setup tab, click Authorize.
- In the Google Shopping: Authorize dialog box, go to Google Merchant Center and sign in. Do the same for Google Ads.
- Go to Select accounts and click Select to select a pair of linked Merchant Center and Ads accounts.
- Go to Allow ChannelEngine as manager to Google Ads account and click Allow.
To revoke access:
In your google Account, navigate to Profile, Google Account, Security, and click Manage third-party access.
Click ChannelEngine to view current access rights.
Click Remove access to revoke ChannelEngine's access to your Google account.