WooCommerce: channel guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on WooCommerce as a channel. Here you can find information on how to request a WooCommerce account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Area served (orders)||pretty much anywhere|
|Setup cost||see the Associated costs section|
|Commission||see the Associated costs section|
|Other costs||see the Associated costs section|
|Payment||depends on your payment provider|
|Product categories||pretty much anything|
|Input language||WooCommerce comes localization-ready out of the box|
|Input currency||depends on your chosen payment system|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||WooCommerce|
To start selling via WooCommerce, you need a WordPress account, a WooCommerce account, and the WooCommerce plugin. For more information on this, check out the article Start with WooCommerce in 5 Steps.
To use the ChannelEngine WooCommerce plugin, you need access to Sense-IT's Clickker Cloud. To get started with it, please contact Sense-IT via email.
WooCommerce itself does not charge setup, monthly, or commission fees. If you want to use WooCommerce Payments, additional fees apply.
This ChannelEngine WooCommerce integration was built by – and is maintained by – development company Sense-IT. They charge a monthly fee of EUR 25.00 on top of the fee required to use Clickker Cloud.
|Product content (HTML formatting supported)||Repricing|
|Product offers||Returns (channel)|
|Cancelations (merchant)*||Pick-up point delivery|
|Returns (merchant)||Carrier mapping (not needed)|
|Product variants (parent-child)|
* Only full-order cancelations.
** Only full-order shipments.
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
- On the left-hand side Settings menu, select Channels. Using the search bar, look for 'custom channel' and add it to your environment.
- To differentiate this channel from other channels you may have, enter a name (e.g.: WooCommerce) and add an image to it.
- Select the Setup section and, under Channel API access, copy your custom channel's API key and paste it into your preferred notes application.
To generate the required WooCommerce API key, follow the procedure described below:
- Log into your WordPress account and select the WooCommerce plugin.
- Go to Settings > Advanced and select the REST API tab.
- Enter a name, such as ChannelEngine, and make sure to provide the key with both read and write permissions. You can then click on Generate API key.
- You should see a confirmation screen showing your Consumer key and Consumer secret. Copy those two values and paste them into your notes.
On Clickker Cloud
To connect ChannelEngine and WooCommerce via Clickker Cloud, follow the procedure described below:
- Log into your Clickker Cloud account.
- Go to the Configuration section.
- Enter a name for the application, such as Sense Cloud's Webshop.
- Enter your WooCommerce URL (e.g.: https://www.mywebstore.com), Consumer key, and Consumer secret.
- Enter a name for your ChannelEngine environment, (e.g.: MyChannelEngineEnvironment) and the API key copied from your custom channel's Setup section.
- Make sure that the connection is set to 'Active' and click on Save all changes.
There is no categorization on WooCommerce as a channel.
It is recommended that you map as many attributes as possible. The more you map, the greater the visibility of the product on the marketplace is. This, in turn, tends to lead to a higher conversion rate.
All products (required)
- Name - the product's title. HTML formatting is supported.
- Price - the product's price, including VAT.
- Brand - the product's brand or manufacturer.
- Catalog price - the product's MSRP, including VAT.
- Category - the product' full category path. E.g.: accessories > bags > handbags.
- Color - the product's color.
- Description - the product's long description. HTML formatting is supported.
- Details - the product's short description.
- Image URL - a deep link to the product' image.
- Extra image URL 1-9 - deep links to the product' additional images.
- GTIN - the product's GTIN (e.g.: EAN, ISBN, UPC, etc.).
- Merchant product number - your unique product number.
- Parent Merchant product number - the Merchant product number of the parent product, it connects parent and child products.
- Product URL - a deep link to the product' details page.
- Shipping cost - the product's shipping costs.
- Shipping time - the product's delivery time indication.
There are no offer mappings on WooCommerce as a channel, all required attributes are available under the content mappings.
There is no carrier mapping required on WooCommerce. The information provided to ChannelEngine is the information passed on to WooCommerce, without re-mappings or conversions.
WooCommerce does not provide feedback via the API, so if you need information regarding the status of a product you need to check on WooCommerce.
Why are my shipments stuck as 'Not exported yet'?
WooCommerce uses ChannelEngine's Channel API, ChannelEngine does not initiate the import and export of data to and from the marketplace. If your shipments are not exported and not visible in WooCommerce's back-end, something is wrong with the import of the shipment information. Please contact WooCommerce's customer service to investigate this. You can copy ChannelEngine's Support team in the email, if needed.
What happens if I already have products live on WooCommerce?
Sense-IT checks if the product already exists on WooCommerce (SKU = merchant_product_no). If it exists, your product is matched with the existing product.
Is there a content check on WooCommerce' side?
You can choose when configuring the connection if content checks are performed on the WooCommerce side, or if products are published directly.
Do I have to choose from a specific list of carriers when creating a shipment?
WooCommerce does not have a fixed list of carriers. However, it is recommended to add the tracking URL link when creating the shipment – as it is not generated by WooCommerce.
How often are my products updated on WooCommerce?
That can be decided by you, in consultation with Sense-IT.