ManoMano: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Paris-based marketplace ManoMano. Here you can find information on how to request a ManoMano account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founded||Jun 19, 2013|
|Founders||Christian Raisson and Philippe de Chanville|
|Area served (orders)||France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom|
|Revenue||EUR 1.2 billion (2020)|
|Number of monthly unique visitors||circa 50 million (2020)|
|Commission||15-25% (depends on the product category)|
|Other costs||EUR 100.00/month|
|Payment||varies according to the contract signed|
|Product categories||DIY, home improvement, gardening, and more|
|Input language||depends on the country|
|Input currency||EUR, GBP|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||ManoMano|
To start selling on ManoMano you need to request an account. Go to their partners page and select Selling on ManoMano. The entry requirements are listed below:
- Product offer - Tools and hardware, garden and pets, heating and air conditioning, electrical, lighting and home automation, bathroom and plumbing, construction and painting.
- Service-level agreement
- Respond to customer messages within 24 working hours
- Provide order tracking to customers
- Less than 5% of orders refunded
- Competition and quality
- Practice competitive pricing
- Reference top references
- Have at least three images and a complete description per product
- If you are a non-EU merchant
- Have an EU VAT number
- Ship from an EU-based warehouse (unless you use your own warehouse)
ManoMano does not charge a registration fee, but it does charge a fixed monthly fee of EUR 100.00. There is also a category-based commission on every sale, ranging from 15% to 25%.
(EAN matching, but content mappings are still required)
|Product content (HTML formatting is supported)||Cancelations|
|Returns/refunds (merchant)||External fulfillment|
|Shipments (including carrier mapping)||Product feedback|
|Product variations (size/color)||Automatic relationships|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Once your seller account is active, the credentials to connect ChannelEngine with your ManoMano account are the same you use to log into the ManoMano back-end.
Under the Setup section of your ManoMano channel, go through the following settings:
- API username - the same username as for the ManoMano toolbox, usually formatted like companyname_sellerid.
- API password - the same password as for the ManoMano toolbox.
- Use grandparent products - ManoMano does not support grandparents as a product type. The Use grandparent products option can be used to group all variants under their common grandparent – if available on ChannelEngine. Make sure to use this option only if you have grandparents set up.
- Ignore VAT on B2B orders - ManoMano allows business-to-business (B2B) orders and provides company VAT numbers if applicable, but it still submits VAT on order lines for these orders. If you enable this setting, ChannelEngine overrides that VAT and sets it to 0%, if the order has a VAT number.
ManoMano has a different configuration under Product selection, compared with other channels. Under this tab you can see the uniform resource locator (URL) of the last product data file generated for ManoMano, in CSV format.
ManoMano fetches all content and offer data from this file, which is generated hourly. If you want to check what was exported last, you can download the file and open it in your spreadsheet software. If a product is no longer in this file, it should be deleted from ManoMano.
ManoMano has no category tree, so the Categorization tab is not available for this channel.
ManoMano has several mandatory attributes that need to be mapped. However, as there is no categorization for individual product types, all mappings are done under Content mappings – and apply to all products in your selection.
- Brand - the standardized name of the brand of the product.
- Carriers use grid - this setting determines if the Carrier grid is enabled. ManoMano offers buyers the option to select a carrier when ordering, when available. If you can ship via more than one carrier to a specific ManoMano country, you can enable carrier grid by setting this value to TRUE.
- Description - the main description of the product, according to the language of the store where it is sold. Simple HTML is supported.
- EAN - the European article number of the product. It must be unique.
- Image 1 URL - the main image of the product. Images must have at least 500x500 px. The following requirements must also be met:
- Drawings or illustrations of the product are not allowed
- The image should not contain additional or confusing objects/products
- The image has to be sharp, professionally lit, and photographed or digitized with realistic colors and smooth edges
- The complete product has to be in the frame
- The product needs to be on a pure white background (RGB 255,255,255).
- The image cannot contain additional text, graphics, or inserts.
- Image 2-5 URL - additional images of the product. Images must have at least 500x500 px. The following requirements must also be met:
- The image must be or belong to the product being sold.
- The image has to be sharp, professionally lit, and photographed or digitized with realistic colors and smooth edges.
- Other products or objects are allowed to help demonstrate the use or scale of the product.
- The product and accessories must fill 85% or more of the frame of the image.
- Cropped or close-up images are allowed.
- Backgrounds and environments are allowed.
- Text and demonstrative graphics are allowed.
Please note that products that fail to meet the image criteria may be penalized with reduced featuring on various acquisition channels, and even suspensions from sale.
- Manufacturer - the original manufacturer of the product. It can be the same as the brand.
- Merchant breadcrumb - the product breadcrumb trail on your website (this is often the same as your product category). E.g.: home/security/cameras.
- Product price (incl. VAT) - the product price including VAT. No separator for thousands to be used: only a dot or a comma to indicate a decimal point.
- Product URL - the URL of the product on your website.
- Shipping costs (incl. VAT) - the total shipping costs of the product, including VAT.
- SKU - your internal variant identifier. Usually your Merchant product no on ChannelEngine. E.g.: ABC123-Yellow-Medium.
- SKU manufacturer - the manufacturer's internal identifier. Usually your Vendor product no on ChannelEngine.
- Stock - the stock attribute of the product.
- Title - the main product title for ManoMano, according to the language of the store where it is sold. It should be unique, by indicating the singularities of product (e.g.:color, size, etc.).
As all product information is in the same XLSX file imported by ManoMano, there are no separate offer mappings available. Traditional offer attributes such as price, stock, and delivery time can be set in the Content mappings.
Carrier mapping is not required on ManoMano, however, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers that ManoMano knows. If you set up Use carrier grid under the Content mappings, these values should appear as options in your shipping method. Bear in mind that your actual shipments to ChannelEngine still require a shipment method, setting the Content and Carrier mappings is not enough.
If you have problems with products not appearing on ManoMano, check the Listed products section for more information. There is no feedback from ManoMano, so statuses cannot be imported and shown.
ChannelEngine performs some limited validation on the mapped attributes. If certain products are missing mappings or have invalid values, you can check them in the Listed product section under Reason. To see the specific mappings causing the validation error, select the Validation and feedback tab.
If products are validated correctly, and are visible and downloadable in the product feed under the Product selection section, but are still not created or updated, check ManoMano's back-end.
Note that the names listed below differ, depending on the language you set your ManoMano back-end to:
- Select Catalog on the left-hand side menu
- Select Import file
- A new screen displays
- Select Upload the import report to download a CSV file named toolbox_error_report.csv
- Open that with your spreadsheet software. The delimiter should be a semicolon (;)
- The report is a simple file with two columns:
- The SKU of the product.
- The error message. E.g.: Out of stock, No image, or Invalid description.
Can I have my feed generated more frequently to have price and stock information updated faster?
ManoMano only fetches and processes the feed every 3-4 hours, so faster updating on ChannelEngine's end does not result in faster processing. For more information on this, see the FAQ below.
How often does ManoMano process updates?
The update frequency per type of data can be found below. It is advised to not include products in your selection that have a stock lower than three, to prevent out-of-stock issues caused by the offer updates only being processed every 3-4 hours.
|Offer updates (price/stock)||every 3-4 hours|
|Content updates (product data)||once a day|
|Image updates||every 7 days, plus up to 10 days of processing|