Leen Bakker: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Raamsdonksveer-based marketplace Leen Bakker. Here you can find information on how to request a Leen Bakker account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Headquarters||Raamsdonksveer, the Netherlands|
|Area served (orders)||Belgium, the Netherlands|
|Revenue||circa USD 55.3 million|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 4 million (2021)|
a fixed fee of EUR 0.83 or EUR 2.48.
|Payment||every 14 days|
|Product categories||home and living|
|Input language||Dutch and French|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Leen Bakker|
To start selling on Leen Bakker, you must request an account via email. Make sure to include the following details in it:
- Company information
- Assortment overview
- Price segmentation
- Estimated annual turnover via the platform
Bear in mind that Leen Bakker is a curated marketplace, therefore not every merchant is a match.
Leen Bakker does not charge a setup or monthly fee. However, it does charge a fixed fee or either EUR 0.83 or EUR 2.48, as well as a percentage fee varying from 5% to 14%.
|Product offers (EAN matching)||Returns (channel)|
|Product content (no HTML formatting)||External fulfillment|
|Returns/refunds (merchant)||Automatic relationships|
|Shipments (including carrier mapping)||Cancelations*|
|Product variations (sizes/colors)|
* Merchant cancelations are not supported by Leen Bakker, therefore the shipment, refund (merchant return) flow should be used instead.
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Leen Bakker is a Mirakl-based channel, so you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
You can leave the Mirakl seller name field empty, as Leen Bakker does not support repricing.
Categorization is mandatory if you want to create or update existing product information on Leen Bakker. Both categorizations and mappings only result in updates if the content connection is enabled, and the relevant credentials have been entered (see the Setup section).
Although product descriptions can be published in Dutch and French on Leen Bakker, the categorization and mappings are in Dutch.
Leen Bakker does not have a long list of mandatory attributes, and there are no mandatory mappings for category-specific products – though there are optional mappings that can be added.
Leen Bakker uses a single product database for their Dutch and Belgian websites, so it is mandatory to provide product titles in both Dutch and French. If you do not have your product content in these languages, consider using ChannelEngine's option to generate product translations.
All products (required)
- Full image URL - the product's main image. The minimum resolution is 500 x 500 px, with a plain, white background.
- PrimaryEAN - the product's 13-digit EAN or GTIN.
- ProductTitleWeb [language code] - the product's title as it appears on Leen Bakker, on the color level. Note that there are three versions of this attribute, one for each language supported (Belgian Dutch, Belgian French, and Dutch). The maximum length is 80 characters. E.g.: WOOOD Elaine Chaise de salle à manger Grise.
- Shop SKU - your internal variant identifier, usually the Merchant product number on ChannelEngine. E.g.: ABC123-Yellow-Medium.
All products (optional)
- Brands - the brand or manufacturer of the product.
- Color color code - the main color of the product. E.g.: bruin.
- ItemDescriptionLongWeb [language code] - the product's main description. Like ProductTitleWeb, there are three versions of this attribute – one per supported language.
- ItemDescriptionShortWeb [language code] - the product's short description. Like ProductTitleWeb, there are three versions of this attribute – one per supported language. The maximum length is 250 characters.
- Keywords [language code] - this attribute can be used to add relevant keywords to the product. Like ProductTitleWeb, there are three versions of this attribute – one per supported language.
- MediaAssets 2-15 - additional product images.
- ProductSize - the product's size. E.g.: 110 cm x 245 cm x 80 cm.
The only mandatory offer mapping is Price, which is your desired sale price.
Attributes such as Leadtime to shipment (the number of days before you ship the item), Logistic class (your optional shipping class), Offer state (the condition of your item), and Minimum quantity alert (so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold) are common for Mirakl mappings.
Working with discounts
- Do not leave the Discount end date attribute unmapped. If you want to set a permanent discount, use a date in the far future instead. Otherwise the offer is not exported, and errors are shown under the Validation and feedback tab.
- If your discounted price is not lower than the base price, it is not exported.
- If you do not want to set a bulk discount, leave the Discount quantity threshold attribute unmapped – otherwise the export is broken.
- If you do want to set a bulk discount, the Discount quantity threshold must be set to a value higher than 1. E.g.: a value of 2 indicates that two or more of the product must be purchased at the same time for the buyer to benefit from the discount.
Carrier mapping is not required on Leen Bakker. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by Leen Bakker. This allows for working track-and-trace links in the back-end, as well as for the buyer. If your default carrier is missing, please contact Leen Bakker.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Leen Bakker (especially if you are trying to create products that do not exist yet), check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on Leen Bakker) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. Also, as Leen Bakker uses the Mirakl marketplace framework, you can see detailed status reports in their back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
The reports can be found under My inventory > Import from file > Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.