bol.com: fee reductions
About this article
This document describes bol.com's fee reduction feature and how to manage it within ChannelEngine.
Table of contents
ChannelEngine offers the option to take advantage of bol.com's commission reductions, which apply to the sale of heavily discounted products by its partners. For eligibility, please refer to bol.com Gebruik verlaagde commissie (Dutch).
If the fee reduction is greater than the gap between your current price and the highest price, this can be a good way to increase sales and profit margins on certain products.
To use bol.com's fee reductions on ChannelEngine, go to Pricing, Fee reductions.
You can see an overview of all products with a fee reduction, including the following information:
- Image - a preview of the main product image.
- Merchant product number - your unique product ID/SKU on ChannelEngine.
- EAN - the EAN/GTIN number of the product.
- Name - the name of the product.
- Purchase price - the purchase price of the product
- Original price - the default sale price of the product, excluding price rules, repricing, and price overrides.
- Price + price rules + shipping costs - the cached price, based on the last export. The actual combined price at the moment of viewing may differ. ChannelEngine does not calculate this in real time for all products, as it would slow down the overview.
- Max. price - the maximum price eligible for the fee reduction. If the exported price of the offer is lower or equal to this maximum price, the fee reduction is applied. If it is higher, bol.com applies its regular commission on the sale of the product.
- Activate - if your current Price + price rules + shipping costs is higher than the Max. price, you see a play button. By selecting this button, you automatically set a price override equal to the maximum price of the product. Note that repricing, price rules, and shipping costs are no longer applied, as the override is fixed. If you enable a fee reduction, the play button switches to a stop button and the background color of this cell changes.
- List for price - this column is connected to Activate, and contains the price override once the fee reduction is active. It is possible to change the override to a lower or rounded value. It is also possible to disable this override, although this is not recommended.
- Fee reduction - the commission reduction bol.com offers when dropping to the Max. price.
- Begin date - the date when the reduction became active on bol.com. Note that usually fee reductions for items run for 3-4 weeks.
- End date - the date until when the reduction is available on bol.com. After this date, the regular commission applies and any fee reduction override applied is disabled automatically.
- Actions - shows the details of a product when you select the 'eye' icon. It allows for the selection of multiple items using the checkbox. This way, it is possible to use Activate and Deactivate on multiple items at once.
By default, the fee reduction overview is sorted based on the ChannelEngine product ID, in descending order. However, there are multiple sorting options available which can be selected in the top left-hand corner:
- Product new-old - based on the ChannelEngine product ID, from the lowest to the highest.
- Begin date high-low - based on the initial date of the reduction, from the highest to the lowest.
- Begin date low-high - based on the initial date of the reduction, from the lowest to the highest.
- End date high-low - based on the end date of the reduction, from the highest to the lowest.
- End date low-high - based on the end date of the reduction, from the lowest to the hgihest.
- Margin % high-low - the calculated, percental difference between the purchase price and the regular sale price.
- Margin high-low - the absolute difference between the purchase price and the regular sale price.
- Price difference low-high - the difference between the current price and the maximum price.
- Reduction high-low - based on the value of the commission, in EUR, that bol.com is waiving.
You can also filter the products with possible fee reductions by the following:
- Active - only show products with an active fee reduction.
- Max. price lower - hide all products for which you already have a lower price, and are benefitting from the fee reduction.
- Not active - shows all products without an active fee reduction override.
It is also possible to search for a specific product or group of products by entering either the partial or complete Merchant product number or EAN in the search field.
Once a fee reduction or price override is enabled, the price of the product is updated on bol.com, usually within 15 minutes. When this new price is active, all new sales of the product have the fee reduction applied – until the reduction period is over, and the regular price (with whatever price rules/repricing options, if any) is exported again.