ChannelEngine: validation and feedback
About this article
This article describes the Validation and feedback tab, under the Listed products section on ChannelEngine.
Table of contents
While the Listed products tab displays general information regarding a channel's offers and content, you can find more detailed information in the Validation and feedback tab.
If a product is not exported or, in some cases, outright rejected, the reason is displayed in this overview. If you provide the missing attributes (i.e.: the most common cause of this kind of error), the related product should no longer be listed in this tab following the next export. The exception to this is offer errors, such as your account not having the required permission to sell a specific brand or product.
Note that this validation only checks if a value is entered – it does not perform a full validation, including checking if a number field is filled with an integer.
At the top of the Validation and feedback overview, there is a search bar and several different filters. Use the search bar to filter on one or more specific products by entering an identifier, such as the EAN/GTIN or the Merchant product number. The functionality of the filters is detailed below:
- Type - select the kind of information you want to see, from Content validation to Data import feedback (channel).
- Export action - allows you to filter on the action performed on the next export. The actions are: Create (not exported yet), Update (created in the past so will be updated if applicable), or Delete (the product no longer complies with any product selection filter, and is scheduled for removal from the channel in the next export).
- Export status - allows you to filter on the current status of the export. Similar to Export action, but has one additional status: Failed to create (if the product export is unsuccessful). Another attempt is made in the next export, the action remains on Created. Unless there is an issue, this is not a state seen often.
- Channel status - allows you to filter on the reported status of the product on the channel itself. The possible states can vary per channel, as some use a direct API call response and others use a feedback file generated and read every few hours. The most common states are None (either not exported yet or there is no feedback from the channel), Published (the channel reports the product as active), or Not published (the product is not listed for a specific reason).
- Product type - allows you to filter on a type of product. I.e.: Child, Parent, Grandparent, Standalone, or Bundle.
- Export selection - allows you to export all results to a CSV or a CSV for Excel. This can be useful to see a complete overview of the feedback and work in a more collaborative way.