ChannelEngine: add a user
About this article
This article describes how to add a user to your ChannelEngine environment.
Table of contents
When a ChannelEngine environment is created, a user account is also created for you. You can add users from your ChannelEngine account.
Users are unique based only on their email address. I.e.: more than one user can be registered with the name Henk de Vries, for example, but not with the same email address.
To add a user:
- On ChannelEngine, go to Settings, click Users, and click Add user.
- In the Add user dialog box, in the Email field, enter the user's email address
- In the User role field, click the drop-down and select at least one user role.
- Click Save. The new user receives an email from email@example.com with either a link to set up a new user account, if they do not have a ChannelEngine user yet, or a message with a link to the account you have just given them access to. NB: Previously, it was not possible to add users with an existing account, but this is possible now. The only scenario where no invite email is sent is when you enter an invalid email address – or if the email address entered already has access to your account.
To remove a user:
- On ChannelEngine, go to Settings, click Users.
- Navigate to the user that you want to remove and on the right hand side, click the pencil icon.
- In the Edit user field, click Revoke access.