ChannelEngine: how to create test orders
About this article
This document describes the creation of test orders on ChannelEngine.
Table of contents
When first integrating with ChannelEngine or when adding a completely new channel, it may be desirable to create one or more test orders to check if the connection is working as intended.
You can create test orders by performing the following steps:
- On ChannelEngine dashboard, go to Settings, Support.
- Navigate to Test order, enter all the information you need and click Create test order. The only requirement is that you enter a valid/active product in the Order lines section, otherwise orders are not be retrieved by your order management system. All other sections are optional and, if left empty, are filled in with ChannelEngine's default dummy data.
Important to keep in mind:
- If you do not have any active products and channels, you cannot create a test order. Every order has to originate from a specific channel, containing at least one valid product, to be successfully processed. Even test orders.
- If you do have a channel and products on ChannelEngine, but you cannot select a product, chances are you have only created parent and grandparent products. Only standalone or child products can be included in a test order.
ChannelEngine's test orders have a channel order number formatted as CE-TEST-XXXXX. These orders can be shipped, canceled, and returned (as long as the channel allows for this) to test the order flow, but they are not exported to channels.
When planning on working with the channel fulfillment option of marketplaces, like FBA, LVB, or ZFS, it may be desirable to create one or more channel-fulfilled test orders to check if the connection to retrieve them is working as intended.
You can create channel-fulfilled test orders by performing the following steps:
- Go to your ChannelEngine dashboard and add a marketplace to your dashboard that offers marketplace fulfillment, such as Amazon, Cdiscount, bol.com, or Zalando.
- Navigate to Settings, Support.
- In the Test order section, open the General section and select the marketplace you added to your dashboard. Toggle the slider to enable FBA/LVB/FBC/ZFS. Fill in all the other information you need, and enter an active product under the Order lines section. Then click Create test order. All sections left empty are filled out with ChannelEngine's dummy data.