Maisons du Monde: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Vertou-based marketplace Maisons du Monde. Here you can find information on how to request a Maisons du Monde account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Area served (orders)||France, Spain, Italy|
|Revenue||circa USD 440 million (2020)|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 12 million|
|Website||Maisons du Monde|
|Commission||depends on the category|
|Other costs||EUR 39.99/month (excl. VAT)|
|Payment||on the 10th, 20th, and last day of the month|
|Product categories||books, cooking, DIY/gardening, furniture/interior design, games/toys, kids/babies, cosmetics|
|Input language||English, French, Italian|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Maisons du Monde|
To start selling on Maisons du Monde, contact your Customer Success Manager at ChannelEngine. They can then contact Maisons du Monde and find out if your portfolio is a good match. You can also contact Maisons du Monde directly via email.
Merchants must have an entity based in – and ship orders from – a member state of the European Union.
Maisons du Monde does not charge a setup fee, but it does charge a monthly fee of EUR 39.99 (excl. VAT) and a commission fee that varies per product category.
|Product content||External fulfillment|
|Product offers (EAN matching)||Repricing|
|Product variations (color/size)||Returns (channel)|
|Shipments (including carrier mapping)|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Maisons du Monde is a Mirakl-based channel, so you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
You can leave the Mirakl seller name field empty, as Maisons du Monde does not support repricing.
Categorization is mandatory if you want to create or update existing product information on Maisons du Monde. Both categorizations and mappings only result in updates if the content connection is enabled, and the relevant credentials have been entered (see the Setup section).
Although product descriptions can be written in English or in French on Maisons du Monde, the categorization is in French.
All products (required)
- Brand - the product's brand or manufacturer. E.g.: Lenco.
- Color - the product's main color. It must be mapped to a value known to Maisons du Monde, and the values are listed in English – though translated to French on the website. E.g.: red, yellow, blue.
- Description (FR, ES, IT) - the product's description, with a dedicated attribute in French, Spanish, and Italian. Attributes are called Description, but can be differentiated via the tooltip. The maximum number of characters is 2,000, and HTML formatting is not supported.
- EAN code - the product's EAN or GTIN. It must be a valid EAN-8 or EAN-13 value. E.g.: 8701234567890.
- Height - the product's height, without its packaging. Only the numeric value is needed, but it must match with the unit mapped under Measurement unit height. E.g.: 80.
- Length - the product's height, without its packaging. Only the numeric value is needed, but it must match with the unit mapped under Measurement unit length. E.g.: 81.
- Main material - the product's main material or coating. It must be mapped to a value known to Maisons du Monde, and the values are listed in English – though translated to French on the website.
- Measurement unit height - the unit of measurement relevant to the product's height. E.g.: cm.
- Measurement unit length - the unit of measurement relevant to the product's length. E.g.: cm.
- Measurement unit width - the unit of measurement relevant to the product's width. E.g.: cm.
- Media 1 - the product's main image.
- Product title (FR, ES, and IT) - the product's title, with a dedicated attribute in French, Spanish, and Italian. The maximum number of characters is 70. The correct structure is: type of product + material + dimension or color. E.g.: Cabriole sofa leather black.
- Reference - your unique product reference, usually the Merchant product number. E.g.: SKU123.
- Width - the product's height, without its packaging. Only the numeric value is needed, but it must match with the unit mapped under Measurement unit width. E.g.: 82.
All products (optional)
- Media 2-10 - the product's additional images.
- DEA (Déchets d'éléments d'ameublement) value - a French fee related to the recycling of furniture, mandatory for French merchants.
- DEEE (Déchets d'équipements électriques et électroniques) value - a French fee related to the recycling of electronics, mandatory for French merchants.
- Promotional campaigns - map this attribute if you want to participate in certain sales campaigns.
The only mandatory offer mappings are:
- Price - the product's price, including two decimals. E.g.: 129.99.
- Price excl. VAT - the product's price, excluding VAT. If you do not have prices without VAT, you can use price rules to create a calculated attribute.
- VAT rate (%) - the VAT rate applicable to the product.
Attributes such as Leadtime to shipment (the number of days before you ship the item), Logistic class (your optional shipping class), Offer state (the condition of your item), and Minimum quantity alert (so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold) are common for Mirakl mappings.
Working with discounts
- Do not leave the Discount end date attribute unmapped. If you want to set a permanent discount, use a date in the far future instead. Otherwise the offer is not exported, and errors are shown under the Validation and feedback tab.
- If your discounted price is not lower than the base price, it is not exported.
- If you do not want to set a bulk discount, leave the Discount quantity threshold attribute unmapped – otherwise the export is broken.
- If you do want to set a bulk discount, the Discount quantity threshold must be set to a value higher than 1. E.g.: a value of 2 indicates that two or more of the product must be purchased at the same time for the buyer to benefit from the discount.
Carrier mapping is not required on Maisons du Monde. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by Maisons du Monde. This allows for working track-and-trace links in the back-end, as well as for the buyer. If your default carrier is missing, please contact Maisons du Monde.
Maisons du Monde requires the prices to be submitted in EUR. If you do not have pricing attributes in EUR, you need to set a currency conversion.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Maisons du Monde (especially if you are trying to create products that do not exist yet), check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on Maisons du Monde) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. Also, as Maisons du Monde uses the Mirakl marketplace framework, you can see detailed status reports in their back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
The reports can be found under My inventory > Import from file > Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.