WE Fashion: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Utrecht-based marketplace WE Fashion. Here you can find information on how to request a WE Fashion account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founder||E. H. de Waal|
|Headquarters||Utrecht, the Netherlands|
|Area served (orders)||Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands|
|Revenue||USD 22.6 million|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 750,000|
|Commission||an agreement between WE Fashion and the merchant must be made upfront|
|Payment||monthly, within 30 days of the closed month|
|Input language||Dutch, French, and German|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||WE Fashion|
If you are interested in selling your products on WE Fashion, please contact your ChannelEngine Customer Success Manager via email. WE Fashion is currently a closed marketplace.
WE Fashion does not charge any setup or monthly fees. However, it does charge a commission fee, which must be agreed on during the initial onboarding with WE Fashion.
|Product offers||Returns (channel)|
|Product content||External fulfillment|
|Cancelations (merchant)||Cancelations (channel)|
|Returns (merchant)||Carrier mapping|
|Shipments||Pick-up point delivery|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
On WE Fashion
ChannelEngine's integration with WE Fashion is done via the Channel API. Therefore, instead of providing ChannelEngine with your WE Fashion credentials, you need to provide your contact person at We Fashion with the following data from your setup within ChannelEngine:
- Your account subdomain - https://[youraccount].channelengine.net
- Your Channel API key - this can be found under the Setup section of the channel
- Your ChannelEngine product feed - see the Product selection section of this guide
WE Fashion uses the plugin's product feed to fetch products, so it is crucial to share the correct URL with them. The feed, which is available both in CSV and XML formats, can be found under the Product selection section.
Bear in mind that product feeds are only available once a product selection is stored and the export task has run at least once – so the channel needs to be activated.
Categorization on WE Fashion is straightforward, and the categories are listed in Dutch.
WE Fashion requires the mapping of several attributes, and several others can be mapped to enrich your products and improve their findability.
All products (required)
- Brand ID - select the product's brand from the list. If your brand is not included, please contact WE Fashion so they can add it.
- Class - the product's target group. B stands for boys, G stands for girls, M stands for men, and W stands for women. If none of these applies, select General.
- Color - map the product's color to one of the colors listed.
- Color commercial name - map the product's color to one of the colors listed.
- Color search - map the product's color to one of the colors listed.
- Commercial name DE/FR/NL - the product's title in each of the supported languages. The structure is: gender, brand, product. E.g.: Women Nike trousers.
- Country of origin - map the country where the product was manufactured.
- Description DE/FR/NL - the product's description in each of the supported languages. The maximum number of characters is 500.
- EAN - the product's 13-digit European article number (EAN).
- Family - map a value to group different sizes/colors from the same model.
- Gender - the product's target gender.
- Image 1-2 - the product's images. Image 1 is the main image, either a front mannequin or bust image; and Image 2 is the additional one, which can be a model image or the back of a mannequin or bust image. The background must be white.
- Main material - map the product's main material to one of the materials listed.
- Online - select true to sell the product online, and false if you do not want to sell it. You can set a fixed true value for all products, filtering out the products you do not want to sell under the Product selection section.
- Online only - select true to indicate that the product is only available online, and false if you also sell it at stores. You can set a fixed true value for all products, filtering out the products you do not want to sell under the Product selection section.
- Outer material composition DE/FR/NL - set in percentages, with the combined input totaling 100%. E.g.: 95% cotton, 5% elastane. Make sure to provide these values in each of the supported languages.
- Print - set the kind of print the product has, if any. E.g.: stripes, floral pattern, polka dots, etc.
- Season - the product's season. E.g.: autumn, spring.
- Silhouette - determines the product's specific group. E.g.: jackets needs to be mapped to jasje.
- Size group - the product's size, according to the size groups listed. M stands for men, W stands for women, and K stands for kids.
- Style description - your internal product title.
- Theme - a WE Fashion code, which varies according to the product. For more information on this, please ask your contact point at WE Fashion. The default value is 999.
All products (optional)
- Care description - a description of how the product should be treated.
- Commercial details - the product's unique details, used for product enrichment and photography (not visible on the website).
- Composition - the fabric composition in percentages of the product (not visible on the website).
- Do not dry - indicates if the tumble dryer can be used or not.
- Do not iron - indicates if the iron can be used or not.
- Dry clean - indicates if dry cleaning can be used or not.
- Fabric - the product's kind of fabric.
- Fastening - the product's kind of closing.
- Fit - the product's kind of fit.
- Image 3 - the third product image, which can be a model image, the back of a mannequin or a bust image.
- Image 4-6 - the fourth, fifth and sixth product images, which can be model images.
- Inner material composition DE/FR/NL - the percentages of the product's inner fabric composition.
- Leg - the product's kind of leg.
- Neck - the product's kind of neck.
- OSP - the original sales price.
- Serie sub - the series within a certain brand.
- Sleeve length - the product's kind of sleeve.
- Sustainable - indicates if the product is sustainable or not.
- Warranty DE/FR/NL - the product's warranty description.
- Washing description - indicates how the product should be washed.
The main offer attribute, Price, must be mapped to the CE price field within the initial product feed. Once the product selection is stored and at least one export task has been completed, the feed can be shared with WE Fashion.
To update your prices after the initial values have been set, create a price rule under the Pricing section.
The optional offer mappings are:
- Original price BE & FR - the product's original price for Belgium and France, in euros.
- Original price NL, DE & AT - the product's original price for the Netherlands, Germany and Austria, in euros.
- Promo price BE & FR - the product's sale price for Belgium and France, in euros. Once this attribute is used, the value mapped to the Original price attribute can no longer change.
- Promo price NL, DE & AT - the product's sale price for the Netherlands, Germany and Austria, in euros. Once this attribute is used, the value mapped to the Original price attribute can no longer change.
WE Fashion does not support carrier mapping. You can even use an empty shipment method and track-and-trace code for their shipments. However, the end customer does not receive any track-and-trace information in this case, so it is recommended that you include this information – as it is done in most marketplaces.
WE Fashion requires the prices to be submitted in EUR. If you do not have pricing attributes in EUR, you need to set a currency conversion.
Why are my shipments still on 'Not exported yet'?
WE Fashion uses ChannelEngine's Channel API, therefore ChannelEngine does not initiate the import and export of data for this channel. If the shipments are not exported and not visible in WE Fashion's back-end, something is wrong with the import of the shipment information. Please contact WE Fashion's customer service, copying your contact point at ChannelEngine in the email.