Darty: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Ivry-sur-Seine-based marketplace Darty. Here you can find information on how to request a Darty account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founders||Natan Darty, Marcel Darty, Henry Darty, Bernard Darty|
|Area served (orders)||France|
|Revenue||circa EUR 7,500 million (2020)|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 15 million (2021)|
|Commission||7-16%, depending on the category|
|Other costs||EUR 39.99/month|
|Payment||every 10 days, starting from the first day of the month (on the 1st, 10th, and 20th)|
|Product categories||electronics, house appliances, furniture, bedding, sports equipment, DIY, gardening, gaming, toys, and more|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Darty|
To start selling on Darty, go to their Vendre sur Darty.com page and fill out the form. Once this is done, a Darty account manager contacts you as soon as possible to begin the onboarding process.
Darty does not charge a setup fee, but it does charge a monthly fee of EUR 39.99 and a category-based commission fee of 7-16%. For more information on the commission per category, check out the Fnac Darty Marketplaces page.
|Product offers (EAN matching)||Returns (channel)|
|Product content (limited HTML formatting)||External fulfillment|
|Orders (NO SPLIT)||Automatic relationships|
|Shipments (including carrier-mapping)|
|Repricing (competitors only)|
|Product variations (sizes/colors)|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Darty is a Mirakl-based channel, so you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
You can also fill out the Mirakl seller name field, if you want to access competition statistics.
To configure your invoice settings, click Advanced settings. You can then click the dropdown menu Enable invoice uploading, which contains the following options:
- ChannelEngine invoices - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it automatically generates an invoice and attaches it to the shipment.
- Merchant invoices (optional) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it exports it – even if there is no invoice attached to it.
- Merchant invoices (required) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it only exports it if an invoice is attached to it. If not, you receive a notification.
- None - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it takes no action other than notifying you that no invoice is present.
Categorization is mandatory if you want to create or update existing product information on Darty. Both categorizations and mappings only result in updates if the content connection is enabled, and the relevant credentials have been entered (see the Setup section).
Product descriptions must be in French on Darty, and the categorization and mappings are in French too.
Darty does not have a long list of mandatory attributes, but in general the more content you map the higher the chances to convert. If you do not have your product content in French, consider using ChannelEngine's option to generate product translations.
Like other French channels, Darty has a list of terms that are not allowed in product titles:
- ampoule UV de désinfection
- lampe germicide
- lampe UV
- lampe UV
All products (required)
- Description produit (Product description) - the main description of the product, written in French. There is no length restriction and limited HTML is allowed.
- EAN - the 13-digit EAN of the product.
- Marque (Brand) - the brand or manufacturer of the product. Darty does not require mapping to specific brands in their database, so you can easily submit your own brands.
- Référence/Titre (Title) - the product's title, written in French. The maximum length is 150 characters.
- SKU Produit (Product SKU) - the product's unique reference. Usually the Merchant product number.
- Taux TVA (VAT) - the VAT rate. Note that you need to submit this value using four digits, with no decimal separator. E.g.: for a VAT of 21%, enter the value 2100.
- Type - the type of product. The two options are MAJ and ACC, but as a third-party seller you must use MAJ.
- Type photo 1 - the orientation of the main product image (i.e.: URL photo 1). H stands for horizontal and V stands for vertical.
- URL photo 1 - the URL of the main product image. It must be a still image showing nothing but the product, with a plain, white background.
- Zoom photo 1 - determines if the main product image (i.e.: URL photo 1) is zoomable, which requires a high resolution. Select O for oui (yes) or N for non (no).
All products (optional)
- Disponibilité des pièces détachées - only relevant if the product includes spare parts.
- Informations complémentaires - additional information on the product.
- Point fort 1-4 - the product's highlights or main features.
- Type photo 2-5 - the orientation of the additional product images (i.e.: URL photo 2-5). H stands for horizontal and V stands for vertical.
- URL photo 2-5 - the URL of the additional product images. They must be still images showing nothing but the product, with a plain, white background.
- Zoom photo 2-5 - determines if the additional product images (i.e.: URL photo 2-5) are zoomable, which requires a high resolution. Select O for oui (yes) or N for non (no).
The only mandatory offer mapping is Price, which is your desired sale price.
Attributes such as Leadtime to shipment (the number of days before you ship the item), Logistic class (your optional shipping class), Offer state (the condition of your item), and Minimum quantity alert (so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold) are common for Mirakl mappings.
Depending on the kind of product you sell, and in which countries you sell them, the following attributes may also be required:
- Taxe Eco Mobilier incluse (DEA) - a French tax related to the recycling of furniture products. If you do not sell furniture in France, set the value to zero.
- Taxe Eco Participation DEEE incluse (DEEE) - a French tax related to the recycling of light bulbs and household electrical appliances. If you do not sell those items in France, set the value to zero.
Working with discounts
- Do not leave the Discount end date attribute unmapped. If you want to set a permanent discount, use a date in the far future instead. Otherwise the offer is not exported, and errors are shown under the Validation and feedback tab.
- If your discounted price is not lower than the base price, it is not exported.
- The Discount quantity threshold must be set to a value higher than 1, otherwise it is not exported.
Carrier mapping is not required on Darty. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by Darty. This allows for working track-and-trace links in the back-end, as well as for the buyer. If your default carrier is missing, please contact Darty.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Darty (especially if you are trying to create products that do not exist yet), check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on Darty) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. Also, as Darty uses the Mirakl marketplace framework, you can see detailed status reports in their back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
The reports can be found under My inventory > Import from file > Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.