INNO: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Brussels-based marketplace INNO. Here you can find information on how to request an INNO account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founded||2021 (its parent company, Galeria INNO, was founded in 1897)|
|Founder||François Vaxelaire (Galeria INNO)|
|Area served (orders)||Belgium, The Netherlands|
|Commission||based on the product category (15-20%)|
|Other costs||EUR 39.99/month|
|Payment||every 1st, 11th and 21st of the month|
|Product categories||clothing, jewelry, accessories, home and garden, luggage, health and beauty, and more|
|Input language||Dutch and French|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||INNO|
If you are interested in selling your products on INNO, contact your Customer Success Manager at ChannelEngine via email. INNO, Galeria INNO's marketplace, opened in March 2021, focusing on the following categories:
At launch (mid-March 2021)
- Clothes for men, women, and children
- Textiles (home)
- Luggage and travel accessories
- Shoes for men, women, and children
- Beauty and fragrances
- Health and personal care
- Toys and games
INNO is a curated marketplace, that is, its administrators screen interested sellers before allowing them to publish their catalogs. By screening sellers, INNO wants to set a high level of quality. The screening process includes the following steps:
- Know your customer (KYC) process via Stripe, their payment service provider, based on either business information or documentation provided by potential sellers to Stripe. You can find an overview of the details required by Stripe on Required verification information.
- If the KYC check goes well, the prospect receives an email with a link to create their online store on INNO. This link is valid for 48 hours, and will give the seller direct access to the account creation page on the Mirakl platform.
INNO charges a fixed monthly fee of EUR 39.99, as well as a category-based commission on every sale. This percentage varies per category, though on average it is 15%.
INNO uses the Mirakl framework, which is also used by other marketplaces such as Carrefour, Darty, Blokker, etc. Therefore, many mapping attributes and options may seem familiar if you have already used other Mirakl channels.
|Product content (HTML formatting is not supported)||External fulfillment|
|Product offers (EAN matching)||Repricing|
|Returns/refunds (merchant)||Returns (channel)|
|Shipments (including carrier mapping)||Automatic relationships|
|Product variations (size/color)|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings (content, offers, and carriers)
- Configure the Pricing (rules and currency conversion)
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
INNO is a Mirakl-based channel, so you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
Your Mirakl seller name for INNO is only required if you want to use ChannelEngine's repricing feature.
To configure your invoice settings, click Advanced settings. You can then click the dropdown menu Enable invoice uploading, which contains the following options:
- ChannelEngine invoices - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it automatically generates an invoice and attaches it to the shipment.
- Merchant invoices (optional) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it exports it – even if there is no invoice attached to it.
- Merchant invoices (required) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it only exports it if an invoice is attached to it. If not, you receive a notification.
- None - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it takes no action other than notifying you that no invoice is present.
Categorization is only needed on INNO if you want to create new products or update existing product information. The categorization is straightforward, and it uses attribute names in English.
INNO enforces strict content guidelines, therefore it is important to make sure that your products meet these guidelines before you follow the setup process.
- Language - INNO is a Belgian company, therefore all product information must be provided in both Dutch and French.
- Product categorization - ensures meaningful and uniform navigation. It indicates the last level of the category in which the product is published.
- Shop SKU - this is your internal, unique product number or code. The maximum field length is 20 characters.
- Brand - refers to the brand or manufacturer of the product, and it is placed above the product name on the product listing page (PLP) and product detail page (PDP). You can select the brand name from the value list. If your brand does not appear on the list or if its design and/or spelling are incorrect, please contact INNO via email. Adjustments made in your back-end will not be reflected in the front-end.
Name - this is the product title, and should describe your product as precisely and unambiguously as possible. Note that the Name must also follow certain guidelines:
- It cannot contain the brand name. As the brand appears above the name, including it would make the brand appear twice.
- It is a mandatory field in both Dutch and French.
- Its maximum length is 56 characters (including spaces). However, it is recommended to limit it to 28 characters (including spaces) so it appears fully on all pages. If longer, the name will be cut at the 28th character – with the remaining characters not appearing on the listing page, for instance.
- It must have the following structure, in which the marketing name is optional: Name = (marketing name) + category + product attribute.
Long description - the is the product description, and should describe your product as precisely and in as much detail as possible. Note that the Long description must also follow certain guidelines:
- The description should be optimized for search engines (i.e.: SEO practices).
- It is a mandatory field in both Dutch and French.
- It cannot contain any advertising for other products or references (i.e.: links) to other sources of information.
- It should be unique, to avoid duplicate content within your own website.
- Its maximum length is 5,000 characters (including spaces).
- Size - this attribute is mandatory for apparel, swimwear, underwear and shoes. Input is via a value list, from which you can select the sizes for your product.
Images - a number of requirements apply to product images on INNO:
- Minimum dimensions (width x height) - 1,050x1,200 px.
- Maximum dimensions - 3,000x3,000 px.
- Highly recommended dimensions (to optimize the zoom functionality, and offer a qualitative customer experience) - 1,400x1,600 px.
- Highly recommended aspect ratio - 7/8. This ratio is very important to ensure qualitative display on every page of the marketplace.
- Maximum file size - 6 MB (6,000 kB).
- Supported image formats: GIF, JP2, JPG, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and TIF.
- Main image: front view and fully visible (worn on a mannequin, in case of apparel).
- Sets (or packs) - make sure to provide at least one image of the sets in which all articles are shown.
- No watermarks, logos, or text components on the image.
- Only the product itself may be shown. Do not include any assets in your images such as furniture or decorative items, as this can confuse customers.
- Use a white, beige, or light gray background on all your images. Situational/ambient backgrounds are now allowed.
- Do not include images in black and white.
- The license/copyright of the images must be present.
- Do not show any models under 18 for underwear and beachwear products.
The only mandatory offer mapping is Price. This is your desired sale price, after (re)price rules are applied.
Attributes such as Discount price (the suggested retail price for your product), Leadtime to shipment (the number of days before you ship the item), Logistic class (your optional shipping class), Offer state (the condition of your item), and Minimum quantity alert (so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold) are common for Mirakl mappings.
Working with discounts
- Do not leave the Discount end date attribute unmapped. If you want to set a permanent discount, use a date in the far future instead. Otherwise the offer is not exported, and errors are shown under the Validation and feedback tab.
- If your discounted price is not lower than the base price, it is not exported.
- If you do not want to set a bulk discount, leave the Discount quantity threshold attribute unmapped – otherwise the export is broken.
- If you do want to set a bulk discount, the Discount quantity threshold must be set to a value higher than 1. E.g.: a value of 2 indicates that two or more of the product must be purchased at the same time for the buyer to benefit from the discount.
Carrier mapping is not required on INNO. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by INNO. This allows for working track-and-trace links in the back-end, as well as for the buyer. If your default carrier is missing, please contact INNO.
If you have problems with products not appearing on INNO (especially if you are trying to create products that do not exist yet), check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on INNO) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. Also, as INNO uses the Mirakl marketplace framework, you can see detailed status reports in their back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
The reports can be found under My inventory > Import from file > Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column will contain a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that it takes 24-72 hours before new content is visible on INNO.