Carrefour.es: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Spanish operation of the Boulogne-Billancourt-based marketplace Carrefour.es. Here you can find information on how to request a Carrefour.es account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founders||Denis Defforey, Marcel Fournier, Jacques Defforey, Gustave Badin|
|Area served (orders)||Spain|
|Revenue||circa USD 762.8 million (2020)|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 12 million (2021)|
|Commission||7-20%, depending on the category|
|Payment||thrice/month (on the 6th, 16th, and 26th)|
|Product categories||electronics, domestic appliances, toys, clothing, and more|
|Input language||English, French, Spanish|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Carrefour.es|
To start selling on Carrefour.es, go to the Marketplace Carrefour page, select Form, and submit the required details. This page also contains a PDF with information on the marketplace.
Although Carrefour.es accepts input in English, French, and Spanish, you must be able to provide customer service in Spanish to be accepted as a partner.
Carrefour.es does not charge a setup or monthly fee, but it does charge a commission of 7-20% depending on the product category.
|Product offers (EAN matching)||Returns (channel)|
|Product content (HTML formatting not supported)||External fulfillment|
|Cancelations (merchant)||Product variations (sizes/colors)|
|Shipments (including carrier mapping)|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Carrefour.es is a Mirakl-based channel, so you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
You can leave the Mirakl seller name field empty, as Carrefour.es does not support repricing.
Categorization is mandatory if you want to create or update existing product information on Carrefour.es. Both categorizations and mappings only result in updates if the content connection is enabled, and the relevant credentials have been entered (see the Setup section).
Although product descriptions can be written in English, French, or Spanish on Carrefour.es, the categorization and mappings are in Spanish.
All products (required)
- Descripción abreviada por defecto (Default short description) - the short description of the product, with a maximum of 90 characters. It can be the same as Tàtulo (Title).
- Descripción larga por defecto (Default long description) - the long description of the product, with a minimum of 90 characters.
- EAN - the product's 13-digit EAN or GTIN.
- Imagen de tipo grande 1 - the main image of the product, with a maximum size of 500 kB.
- Marca (Brand) - the brand of the product.
- Referencia de vendedor (Seller's reference) - your internal product reference, usually the Merchant product number or SKU.
- Tàtulo (Title) - the product's title.
All products (optional)
- Descripción general (General description) - there is no need to fill this in, as it does not appear on the product page.
- Descripción por defecto (Default description) - there is no need to fill this in, as it does not appear on the product page.
- Fabricante (Manufacturer) - there is no need to fill this in, as it does not appear on the product page.
- Imagen de tipo grande 2-6 - the product's additional images, with a maximum size of 500 kB.
- Texto legal (Legal text) - there is no need to fill this in, as it does not appear on the product page.
- URL video - the product's video.
The only mandatory offer mapping is Price, which is your desired sale price.
Attributes such as Leadtime to shipment (the number of days before you ship the item), Logistic class (your optional shipping class), Offer state (the condition of your item), and Minimum quantity alert (so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold) are common for Mirakl mappings.
Working with discounts
- Do not leave the Discount end date attribute unmapped. If you want to set a permanent discount, use a date in the far future instead. Otherwise the offer is not exported, and errors are shown under the Validation and feedback tab.
- If your discounted price is not lower than the base price, it is not exported.
- The Discount quantity threshold must be set to a value higher than 1, otherwise it is not exported.
Carrier mapping is not required on Carrefour.es. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by Carrefour.es. This allows for working track-and-trace links in the back-end, as well as for the buyer. If your default carrier is missing, please contact Carrefour.es.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Carrefour.es (especially if you are trying to create products that do not exist yet), check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on Carrefour.es) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. Also, as Carrefour.es uses the Mirakl marketplace framework, you can see detailed status reports in their back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
The reports can be found under My inventory > Import from file > Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.
- Can I create variants on Carrefour.es?
Creating variants on Carrefour.es is possible, however, it works differently than on other marketplaces. To create product families, Carrefour.es uses the attribute Código de familia (Family code), which must be the EAN of the first child of the product family. To use this feature, the attribute Código de familia must be mapped to the ChannelEngine field Parent SKU. ChannelEngine uses the product's parent to export the EAN of the first child of the family.
For more information, refer to theCarrefour.es: how to group products article.
- Can I set up the shipping fee on ChannelEngine?
To set up the shipping fee:
- Go to the Shipping section of the Carrefour back-end and select Overridden price.
- Add the amount you want to charge for shipping in this specific shop (leave the Additional price as 0, since it is not applicable on Carrefour.es). Select Save.
- Go to the Shipping options section of the Carrefour back-end
- Set the minimum threshold for free shipping on this shop. I.e.: free shipping is applied to all orders with an order value higher than the chosen threshold.
- Optional: if you enable Offer free shipping for all orders, it overrides all other shipping fee values added to the shop – and free shipping is applied to orders of any value. Select Save