Åhléns: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Stockholm-based marketplace Åhléns. Here you can find information on how to request an Åhléns account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founders||Johan Petter Åhlén and Erik Holm|
|Area served (orders)||Sweden|
|Revenue||circa USD 76 million (2020)|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 2 million|
|Other costs||SEK 500/month|
|Payment||monthly, on the 25th (for all orders made 21-42 days earlier)|
|Product categories||beauty, home, fashion|
|Input language||Swedish description, with all another attributes are in English|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Åhléns|
To start selling on Åhléns, send an email directly to key account manager Mimmi Sandell with a short description of your brand and a link to your website.
As well as an invitation from Åhléns, a Mirakl Connect account is required.
Åhléns does not charge a registration fee, but it does charge a commission of 25% on every sale (which is negotiable, based on your product and brand portfolios) and a monthly fee of SEK 500.
|Product offers (EAN matching)||Returns (channel)|
|Product content (no HTML formatting)||External fulfillment|
|Cancelations (merchant)||Automatic relationships|
|Shipments (including carrier mapping)|
|Product variations (sizes/colors)|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Åhléns is a Mirakl-based channel, so you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
You can leave the Mirakl seller name field empty, as Åhléns does not support repricing.
To configure your invoice settings, click Advanced settings. You can then click the dropdown menu Enable invoice uploading, which contains the following options:
- ChannelEngine invoices - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it automatically generates an invoice and attaches it to the shipment.
- Merchant invoices (optional) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it exports it – even if there is no invoice attached to it.
- Merchant invoices (required) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it only exports it if an invoice is attached to it. If not, you receive a notification.
- None - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it takes no action other than notifying you that no invoice is present.
Categorization is mandatory if you want to create or update existing product information on Åhléns. Both categorizations and mappings only result in updates if the content connection is enabled, and the relevant credentials have been entered (see the Setup section).
Although product descriptions must be in Swedish on Åhléns, the categorization and mappings are in English.
- Brand - the brand of the product, must to be mapped to Åhléns' specific values. If your brand does not appear on the list or if its design and/or spelling are incorrect, please contact Åhléns. ChannelEngine imports the latest data model containing the brands once a month, but at times a manual import is needed.
- Front image - the main image of the product. All images must be squared, with a resolution of 1,000x1,000 px, and a minimum of 300 dpi. Additionally, the URLs must start with either http:// or https://.
- Gender - the target gender of the product. The options are: male, female, unisex, and not applicable.
- GTIN 13 - the 13-digit EAN/GTIN of the product.
- Material percentage 1 - the proportion of the main material in the product. E.g.: if the product consists of 80% cotton and 20% polyester, Material percentage 1 is 80 and Product material 1 is cotton.
- Product material 1 - the main material in the product. E.g.: if the product consists of 80% cotton and 20% polyester, Material percentage 1 is 80 and Product material 1 is cotton.
- Product name - the title of the product, written in English.
- Product SKU - your internal variant identifier. Usually your Merchant product number on ChannelEngine. E.g.: ABC123-Yellow-Medium.
- Size - the size of the product. Must to be mapped to Åhléns' specific values.
- Standard color - the standardized color of the product, used as a color filter on Åhléns. E.g.: red, green, blue, multicolor, etc.
The only mandatory offer mapping is Price, which is your desired sale price.
Attributes such as Leadtime to shipment (the number of days before you ship the item), Logistic class (your optional shipping class), Offer state (the condition of your item), and Minimum quantity alert (so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold) are common for Mirakl mappings.
Working with discounts
- Do not leave the Discount end date attribute unmapped. If you want to set a permanent discount, use a date in the far future instead. Otherwise the offer is not exported, and errors are shown under the Validation and feedback tab.
- If your discounted price is not lower than the base price, it is not exported.
- The Discount quantity threshold must be set to a value higher than 1, otherwise it is not exported.
Carrier mapping is not required on Åhléns. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by Åhléns. This allows for working track-and-trace links in the back-end, as well as for the buyer. If your default carrier is missing, please contact Åhléns.
Åhléns requires the prices to be submitted in Swedish krona (SEK). If you do not have pricing attributes in SEK, you need to set a currency conversion.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Åhléns (especially if you are trying to create products that do not exist yet), check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on Åhléns) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. Also, as Åhléns uses the Mirakl marketplace framework, you can see detailed status reports in their back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
The reports can be found under My inventory > Import from file > Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.