Bol.com: how to group product variants?
About this article
This article describes product variants on Bol.com, how to group variants under the same product family, and how to ungroup products from an existing product family.
Table of contents
If you have products that come in several variants, such as multiple sizes of a t-shirt or a mobile phone cover in five different colors, offering these options under a single product page is desirable. To group these together, Bol.com requires that they are marked under the same product family. More information on product families can be found on Wat zijn productfamilies? (in Dutch) on Bol.com's partner platform.
Before you can group variants of the same product under a single family, the following requirements must be met:
- The products must have a unique EAN on Bol.com.
- The products must be categorized on product type, and have their minimum required product information filled out.
- The products must have the same brand.
- The products must have an attribute that is defining for the family (e.g.: size or color) correctly filled out.
You must then map the Product variant ID attribute, which can be found under Content mappings > All products.
Currently it is not possible to disconnect a variant from its family via the API. If you need to ungroup a product, do the following:
- Go to Bol.com's seller portal.
- Select a product under Mijn artikelen.
- Select Bewerk varianten.
- Select Ontkoppel for each product you need to disconnect.