ChannelEngine: Listed products
About this article
This article describes the Listed products section on ChannelEngine, what sorts of information it displays, and how it can be used.
Table of contents
Once you have activated a channel, the Listed Products tab can provide you with detailed information on the state of your products, exports, the channel itself, and more.
At the top of the Listed products overview, there is a search bar and several different filters. Use the search bar to filter on one or more specific products by entering an identifier, such as the EAN/GTIN or the Merchant product number. The functionality of the filters is detailed below:
- Extra filters - by default, these are all set to All. Change the different filters to Yes or No to narrow down the list of results.
- Export action - allows you to filter on the action performed on the next export. The actions are: Create (not exported yet), Update (created in the past so will be updated if applicable), or Delete (the product no longer complies with any product selection filter, and is scheduled for removal from the channel in the next export).
- Export status - allows you to filter on the current status of the export. Similar to Export action, but has one additional status: Failed to create (if the product export is unsuccessful). Another attempt is made in the next export, the action remains on Created. Unless there is an issue, this is not a state seen often.
- Channel status - allows you to filter on the reported status of the product on the channel itself. The possible states can vary per channel, as some use a direct API call response and others use a feedback file generated and read every few hours. The most common states are None (either not exported yet or there is no feedback from the channel), Published (the channel reports the product as active), or Not published (the product is not listed for a specific reason).
- Channel category - allows you to filter on one or more specific categories. E.g.: bags, suitcases, beauty products, etc.
- Listing - allows you to filter on one or more of your listings. E.g.: summer sale products, sustainable products, etc.
- Type - allows you to filter on a type of product. I.e.: Child, Parent, Grandparent, Standalone, or Bundle.
- Show price override settings - see the option to set hard price overrides. If you enable this and enter a value, this new value overrides the price exported regardless of any price rules or repricing.
- Content - toggles the Content columns in the overview.
- Offers - toggles the Offer columns in the overview.
- Export selection - allows you to export all results to a CSV or a CSV for Excel. This can be useful to see a complete overview of the feedback and work in a more collaborative way.
To limit the amount of information shown at once and make the best possible use of the available space, only the Content information is displayed in the overview by default – next to the product image, details, and the date of the last update. To see the latest Offer information (i.e.: the price and stock exported, and the price and stock the channel reports), you can select the corresponding option in the top right corner.
Below the previously mentioned filter options is the listed product grid. This grid is composed of several columns, which can vary depending on the visibility option selected.
- Image - shows a thumbnail of the product.
- Details - shows the title of the product, the Merchant product number/SKU, and the product EAN/GTIN – separated by a pipe (|).
- Last import from channel - displays the date and time of the last feedback ChannelEngine received from the channel regarding the product, either from a feedback report or API call.
- Actions - gives you options such as a shortcut to the product details page on ChannelEngine.
Export from ChannelEngine
- Action - the action scheduled to be performed in the next export, applicable to either the offer or data export (depending on the marketplace and the type of connection it uses). Regardless of what type of export it refers to, the actions are the same:
- CREATE - the product offer is scheduled to be created in the next export.
- UPDATE - the product offer has been exported at least once, and all changes are scheduled to be exported as an update.
- DELETE - the product offer no longer complies with any product selection filter and is scheduled for removal.
- RETRY OFFER/RETRY DATA - an error occurred in the previous export or a manual export has been triggered. This is not a common action.
- Status - the status returned after the last action was performed. Usually it corresponds with the previous action, but in some cases it can differ. Note that these are only an indication of the current status.
E.g.: ChannelEngine submits a product offer to bol.com for a product accepted by their API. Therefore the status is CREATED or UPDATED. However, if it turns out to be an offer for an EAN that bol.com has no known product for, the Last import from channel status is NOT PUBLISHED.
- CREATED - the product offer was created (i.e.: either there was no immediate error during the export or there was a confirmation that the creation was accepted.
- UPDATED - the product offer was updated.
- DELETED - the product offer was removed from the channel (i.e.: either there was no immediate error during the export or there was a confirmation that the deletion was accepted).
- FAILED TO CREATE - there was an issue during the export, the channel refused the product offer, or the product offer did not pass validation before exporting. An example for the latter scenario is displayed below:
- The first product had an EAN that did not pass EAN validation (e.g.: 000000 was entered, where an EAN13 like 8715342024592 was expected). To prevent an error on the channel-side, the product has been filtered out before exporting.
- The second product has an exported price of 0, which is not accepted by the channel. To prevent an error on the channel-side, the product was filtered out before exporting.
- Reason - usually empty, but used by some channels to display errors during the export.
- Date - displays the date and time of the last data export of this product.
Last import from channel
- Status - lists the status reported by the channel for your product, if the channel supports feedback. While this may appear similar to the Status of the Export from ChannelEngine section, it can vary.
- NONE - either there is no feedback from the channel yet, or the channel does not offer any feedback reports.
- PUBLISHED - the product offer was published and it should be available on the channel.
- NOT PUBLISHED - the product offer was not published, the reason is usually stated right next to it in the Reason field.
- UNKNOWN - ChannelEngine received feedback from the channel, but it contained no information on this specific product. Some channels list this as NOT PUBLISHED instead.
- UNDER REVIEW - in some cases a product is first reviewed before it is published on the channel. E.g.: INNO and Wish.
- INVALID - the product did not pass validation before exporting. E.g.: invalid EAN or a price of 0.
- BEWARE (? ) - informs you that there has been a more recent export than the current status of the channel is received. This means that whatever status is labeled, it might not be applicable. There is no way to be sure until a new report for your product has been received.
- Reason - lists the specific reason the channel returned when trying the last action like creating or updating, either an error or a warning. By selecting the small 'table' icon in the top right corner of this field, you can see a popup listing all the applicable product warnings and errors.
- UNMATCHED_OFFER - an error from bol.com stating the offer cannot be created, at the time of the last offer export. This can be due to an unknown EAN, or a product with the provided EAN is missing mandatory information so it cannot be placed online.
- Product not in offer file/Product not found in inventory report - the product offer was reported as successfully exported through an API connection. However, the product was not listed in the product report received from the channel so it is most likely not listed. This can have various causes, such as:
- The hourly report was generated before the export of the offer.
- The product offer was exported, but has been manually removed.
- There was an error processing the product offer in the channel back-end, which caused the product to not be listed.
Usually this status and reason can be automatically fixed after a while or the next export, but if this status remains visible for a longer period of time (e.g.: 3+ hours), contact ChannelEngine's Support team.
- Invalid EAN/Size/Price - the product offer was not exported because a required attribute has no value or an disallowed value.
- Category required - the product offer was not exported because the mandatory category/product type was not mapped.
- SKU-related error (Amazon) - the specific reason description can vary, but the cause is usually the same. The Merchant product number/SKU is the unique identifier for offers on Amazon. It is not possible to change this or the EAN/ASIN it refers to – and if you delete an offer for a specific SKU, you can not reuse it for the next 24 hours.
- Stock reserved for pending orders - occurs when you only have two or a few items in stock and there are open orders for these items. Because of ChannelEngine's and bol.com's stock reservation, a stock of two can lead to a stock of one being exported – which in turn leads to a stock of zero, and this error.
Export from ChannelEngine
- Price w/o shipping costs - shows the last exported price, without shipping costs. Shipping costs are only added to this price if they are set on a product and the channel does not have a separate field for shipping costs. E.g.: bol.com.
- Stock - the last exported stock quantity. If the fulfillment is set to a channel, like FBA or LVB, a label is shown.
- Date - the last date and time the offer export was performed. Note that offers are incremental, so an update for a product is only sent if the stock or price has changed.
Last import from channel columns
- Price - shows the reported price by the marketplace. Note that if you change your price, it is not immediately visible in this column. As feedback reports are generated hourly, the update can take some time. If the price differs for longer than three hours, contact ChannelEngine's Support team.
- Stock - the last imported stock quantity. As with the price, it can vary when a stock update has just been submitted. Next to that, in case of bol.com they currently also reserve stock. So if one item is sold and you have a stock of three, the first stock column displays two (i.e.: three minus a reservation of one, done by ChannelEngine), and the second column displays a stock of one (two minus the reservation of one by bol.com).
Show price override settings
Enable this column to set a fixed override price. In the label next to the price field, you can see the percentual change relative to the original price.